Be an exemplary regional healthcare provider that contributes towards achieving healthier population.
To provide sustainable, equitable, accessible and cost effective service in promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative healthcare to the people of Kalutara District in accordance with the demographic and socio-economic and epidemiological transition, through well guided motivated and skillful heath staff.
- To provide a comprehensive & complete curative services for the public, through a network of state of art hospitals with modern technology and competent work force.
- To strengthen and coordinate the preventive health services.
- To build a health promotive environment through community participation, empowering and mobilization to reduce acute and chronic non-communicable diseases and thereby reducing the premature deaths and morbidity.
- To improve the quality of life of people with disabilities due to various diseases by providing advanced community level rehabilitation services.
- To improve the performance of whole district health system through proper planning, organizing, leading and controlling oh human and physical resources, ensuring the good governance principles.